There’s two teams making a mockery of any competition within their division in the south, putting up points for fun. They dominate our top 10 QBs as things stand!
1. Charles Williams, London Smoke, 30.00 PPG
Charlie’s 52 TD passes are impressive, but throwing only 3 interceptions has us very confident about the Smoke’s prospects of lifting the championship crown come the end of the season. They’re pretty much guaranteed promotion, and Charlie’s play is a big reason for that.
2. Samuel Tibbles, Northants Titans White, 21.63 PPG
Sam’s call-up to the Titans White has resulted in great success for the Northants side. They’re looking like a promotion candidate, with Sam throwing 44 TDs to help the cause.
3. Alex Thomas, Merthyr Tydfil Trojans, 17.67 PPG
Alex has a plethora of targets to throw to, and sits third in our QB rankings as things stand. He’s accounted for 25 TD passes, and 22 XPs. The Trojans are undefeated, and will rely on their explosive offence to make a push for the Division One Championship. The Trojans have less games played by virtue of forfeits, and all of Alex’s work has been done in only 6 contests.
4. James Nelms, Coventry Panthers, 17.25 PPG
James has continued the Panthers’ good form from the Outlaw League into Division One, with his side battling with the Northants Titans and Bedford Blackhawks for promotion, and potentially a Division One championship run. 32 TDs is his total just now, while he’s only thrown 4 picks and taken a meagre 3 sacks.
5. Callum Papworth, Bedford Blackhawks, 16.63 PPG
Callum has two TD passes more than James, but he’s also got two more interceptions and one more sack, meaning he’s just behind the Panthers QB. Still, the Blackhawks have had a lot of success this season with Papworth under centre. He’s got experience on his side too, which he’s used to great effect against the less-savvy sides in his division.
Here’s the rest of our top 10!
6. Marcus Gambrill, Rugby Racoons, 15.25 PPG
7. Adam Russell, Southern Reapers, 13.13 PPG
8. Millie Barett, Coventry Cougars Ladies, 13.00 PPG
9. David Henderson, Buckinghamshire Wolves, 11.50 PPG
10. Jay Ballamy, Reading Knights, 10.63 PPG